Hello, Tyler here. In today’s blog, I want to discuss 6 things I see successful people do unsuccessfully.
Mostly, I see people trying to make dogs work as a brand.
Just kill that dead already, dogs are great but don’t jam them into every part of your life. Never know how good it could have tasted if you had gone with a regular brand or logo.
I’ve seen entire companies crumble under the weight of a bad branding idea, like this dog food non-dog food.
Check out this tasty snack, lol, felt like I was eating dog food. Terrible branding idea. The snack was good, but the branding was bad enough to discuss.
About my unsuccessful successful life.
I started working around 14 years old because I wanted to buy things.
I want people to know who you are, so let me tell you what I see others doing poorly. So you can learn from their mistakes.
In the last 4 months I’ve analyzed over 500 businesses and spoke to roughly 200+ CEO, VP, or some executive title.
Companies that range from 20million to 1billion in annual revenue.
And I’ve been consulting for nearly a decade, in the enterprise business intelligence, automation, and predictive analytics space.
Websites cost <$30. 😂So, if you don’t own website yet, you’re getting behind daily.
Buy your domain today. I use Google Domains.
If you’re stuck on facebook, instagram, etc… It’s time to move on. You don’t own the domain names, and at any point you could be banned.
People are usually only able to scale their success, if they can control their own personal ego. Ego isn’t a bad thing when it comes to building a new thing or being an entrepenur.
People need an ego to get where you are, confidence, and you need to lose it to get further. I speak from experience.
Here are 6 things you need to consider to become successful.
- Successful people are not always right, that works enough to get you to this juncture
- Rarely do I see anyone doing really well… who also understands how to monetize it, so don’t stress that problem today.
- They do not understand the value of investing money back into the business, you’re not an investor, delegate to people who understand.
- Their fear of failure keeps you from progressing.
- The fear of unknown keeps you from changing.
- The fear of success.. is one I’m still learning to overcome. I’m learning you can’t force success and finding a ‘network of people’ who support your crazy ideas, is key. Because most people only want to see you FAIL.
Last tip, they don’t know when or how to ask for help.
You know what you know.
Until someone shows you another way.
How to be more successful with your failures
Learning how to be more successful is a wash if you’re focused on fans or success. Failure is what helps me drive success. I’ve failed millions of times and now I’ve learned to fail trillions of times, in a split second.
Not magic, just tools. Went to college. Grinded.
Now I wear dumb shirts under my business meetings. 😂
(My first time in Toronto.)
- WordPress is free, easy, personal blog, whatever you want.
- Weebly is free, easy, whatever you want, Blog.
- Instagram is free and mostly bots.
- Better to blog, Facebook ain’t shit.
- Tell your friends about this, it maybe what they need.
Something every day, share it on every platform. Ask people for feedback. People who will give you a hammer. Not a pillow. And improve.
No deadlines, this ain’t school, you click edit, and it doesn’t suck as much when you edit… thousands of edits… it’s okay. 👌
Download medium, it’s free. What’s the hold up, you don’t need to put your social security to get an account. Tell your stories and watch yourself talk in video.
You only need 5 mins a day, get behind a camera, and do what ever you want.Just be real.
Don’t quit your full time job when starting your second grind.
Dad, husband, nerd, tableau consultant